March 8, 2011

What Marriage Should be and Shouldn't be



We should make public our love for each other and declare our choice to grow together.

We should come closer together symbolized by a ring that encircles but doesn’t entrap and a hug that unites but doesn't possess.

Everything we need in life.. all the love, all the wisdom, all the insight, all the power, all the knowledge, all the understanding, all the nurturing, all the compassion, all the strength and all the security resides within us and so we should come together not for ‘need’ but for giving these gifts, that the other might have them in even greater abundance.

We should not enter into this relationship as a means of in any way limiting, controlling, hindering, or restricting each other from any true expression and honest celebration of that which is the highest and best within us.. which includes our love of God, our love of life, our love of people, our love of creativity, our love of work, or any aspect of our being which genuinely represents us, and brings us joy.

Marriage should be filled with the beauty of love and should become an influence for growing, sharing, enjoyment, music, laughter and love… constantly enriching one another and those around us!

3 comments:

  1. Just yesterday night I was recounting to my wife how she had effected in me a whole new way of thinking positively. Earlier I used to wallow in self-pity but gradually after marriage due to the influence and teaching my wife has given me, I make real efforts to see the positive aspects in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a further coincidence, this is the first article after the last post in your blog on September 2009. And this post, on which I gave a comment today, I noticed later falls on our marriage anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deepak! This is just a sign and a blessing to nudge you to continue growing in your understanding and the demonstration of it! Love and regards, Ajit

    ReplyDelete

For a deeper understanding of life I recommend the book pictured below

For a deeper understanding of life I recommend the book pictured below
You can get a copy of this Bestseller from your nearest store