Unless you energise and infuse this cognitive apparatus with Vital Life Energy (Prana) you will be unable to perform tasks satisfactorily, with creativity and enthusiasm. A tried and tested way of energising yourself is Yoga in its broadest sense, which is not limited to the practice of just posture based excercises known as Hatha-Yoga.
195 Yoga aphorisms, known as Yoga Sutras, were compiled in the early centuries CE, by the sage Patanjali in India who synthesised and organised knowledge about Yoga from much older traditions.
The Yoga aphorisms are best known for the reference to 8 elements of practice culminating in a state of meditative consciousness of the mind, by concentration on something, leading to meditative absorption, and with regular practice, the development of a luminous mind which is equanimous and mindful.
The 8 elements of Yoga practice are:
- Abstinences (Yama)
- Observances (Niyama)
- Yoga postures (Asana)
- Breath control (Pranayama)
- Withdrawl of the senses (Pratyahara)
- Concentration of the mind (Dharana)
- Meditation (Dhyana)
- Absorption (Samadhi)
The main aim is to reach a state where you are untouched by the highs and lows of a dual world by transitioning to a meditative and metaphysical witness-consciousness state and observing empirical reality as separate from it. The by-product of this is being infused with Vital Life Energy which elevates your body and mind leading to a better quality of life.
Here are a host of metaphors that may encourage you to do Yoga and meditation, daily, to keep you going with your life in a state of happiness and devoid of stress:
- Yoga and meditation is like filling your bicycle tyres with just the right amount of air so that your ride is not bumpy but smooth because the air also acts like a shock-absorber.
- Yoga and meditation is like topping up your vehicle with fuel for the day. You just need to plug-in to the fuel source for a short while and then move on to your tasks for the day.
- Yoga and meditation is like a gentle wind that blows and clears the clouds hiding the sun so that the light of your Soul can shine through into your body and mind and bring in a feeling of lightness and take away the feeling of heaviness.
- Yoga and meditation is like rain that keeps the soil humid and therefore more fertile for seeds of creativity to sprout and new cells to grow.
According to scientific research, Yoga may:
- Reduce stress
- Relieve anxiety
- Help manage depression
- Stimulate brain function
- Help prevent heart disease
I hope this article has encouraged you to learn techniques for Yoga and meditation and practice them daily for a fulfilling life.
To know about winning and losing, click here - Winning & Losing
To subscribe to receive more helpful blogposts FREE, click here - Subscribe
To read daily insights and inspirations "Like" our Facebook page - Facebook
Read cool, inspiring and helpful stuff on this blog by clicking on this link - Spiritual Pointers